How will light rail benefit Aucklanders?
- Help create a more liveable, connected city that’s easier, cleaner and safer to get around.
- Provide greater access to suburbs that currently have limited public transport.
- Encourage more development to meet the diverse housing needs of the city.
- Connect with other public transport, walking and cycling links.
- Stimulate investment along the route and bring jobs, shops and businesses closer to where people live.
- Shifts away from cars, helping to reduce carbon emissions and meet our climate change obligations.
- Less pressure for sprawl by unlocking opportunities along the route taking advantage of existing infrastructure and better transport options.
- Reduce travel times.